Sam Rogers, WHES Champion 2023
Sam Rogers has conquered the Western Australia Hard Enduro Series (WHES) on the mighty Rieju MR 300 PRO. In the ultimate showdown at the ‘Toodyay Terror 2.0,’ Sam’s blazing performance secured not only a first-place victory but also the coveted WHES Championship title for 2023. Hold on tight, because we’re about to dive into a tale of mud, sweat, and glory! 🤘🏆
What is WHES
The WA Hard Enduro Series, born from the dreams of a passionate group of hard enduro enthusiasts in 2020, is now the fastest-growing off-road motorcycle series in Western Australia. In 2022, it was officially incorporated, marking its commitment to growing the sport and providing an electrifying experience for fans and riders of all levels. These events are the ultimate test of physical and mental strength, allowing riders to challenge themselves against the best in the state, and soon, the best in the country. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just dipping your toes into the off-road world, WHES has something special for everyone.
The WHES Event Lineup:
- Bridgetown – April 1-2: The season revved up at Jarvis Coaching & Invitational.
- Toodyay – May 6: The WHES Round 1 set the tone for what was to come.
- Roelands – June 3-5: A back-to-back spectacle with WHES Rounds 2 & 3.
- Bridgetown – July 22: WHES Round 4 – the Midseason Mayhem!
- Williams – September 23: WHES Round 5 – CANCELLED.
- Toodyay 2.0 – October 28: The grand finale at Toodyay Terror 2.0!
Below are a few images from past events.
The Grand Finale: Toodyay Terror 2.0
The Toodyay Terror is where the bold-hearted shine. Nestled in Morangup, Toodyay, this track is home to technical and challenging trials terrain. It’s one of the most spectator-friendly races, where fans line the creek bed, cheering the riders on. And it was here, at the Toodyay Terror 2.0, that Sam Rogers emerged victorious on his Rieju MR 300 PRO. Sam’s journey up the podium at the Toodyay Terror has been nothing short of spectacular. Just last year, he clinched a hard-fought 3rd place, and earlier this year, he cranked up the intensity, securing a well-deserved 2nd place finish.
Thanks to K.P Photography
Sam’s Triumph: Champion of WHES 2023
On the 28th of October 2023, amidst the roar of engines and the cheers of fans, Sam Rogers clinched the first position at the Toodyay Terror 2.0, making him the undisputed champion of the WHES 2023 series. His performance was not only awe-inspiring but also a testament to his unwavering dedication to the sport. Sam rode the Rieju MR 300 PRO, a motorcycle that’s a force to be reckoned with, specially crafted for hard enduro.
SAM ROGERS ON THE RACE…
“The Toodyay 2.0 race track had a great mix of tough and even tougher terrain as the track setters went the extra mile to wrap up this season. During the first two laps, I was just getting comfortable, but later on, I really picked up my pace and managed to close the gap between me and the rider in first place. I even made a great pass in one of the more challenging sections of the race. I am extremely happy with how I rode and ecstatic to have won the championship! It has been a very competitive year for points, and it all came down to the wire with a mere three points separating me and Darren. However, my bike performed flawlessly all year, and I am not surprised by its performance!”
Sam Rogers’s victory at the WHES 2023 is a testament to his skill, determination, and the power of the Rieju MR 300 PRO. He’s proven himself as one of the best hard-enduro riders in Australia, and the WHES series stands as a testament to the thrilling world of off-road motorcycling.
- Spain’s oldest active manufacturer. A family business with 100%-owned capital.
- It produces 20,000 vehicles/year in 38 different models.
- It exports 90% of its production to more than 35 countries. Direct distribution in Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom.
- A consolidated track record and experience in the sector, with more than 500,000 units manufactured.
- Since 2006 it’s been the market leader in Spain and Europe with a 32% market share (in 50 cc).
- Europe’s leading brand in low-capacity motorbikes with a gearbox.
- A pioneer in the production of custom motorbikes since 2006.
- Concerned about sustainability, it started producing electric motorbikes in 2010.